For those who don't know the story, here is how Adele arrived on Mother's Day. I had an uneventful pregnancy with no complications and was supposed to have an ultrasound to check on everything that upcoming week. That Sat. morning Dave, my parents, and the Strange's went to the zoo for a 5K run/walk. It was a beautiful morning and I walked the race with no problems except a slow pace. Then we came back and rested for awhile and went to lunch with our friend Brian. The only problem I was having at this point was indigestion. After lunch I headed to Z Spa for my massage Dave had gotten me for my birthday. Halfway through the massage I felt some "leakage" and told the masseuse I needed to go to the bathroom. In the bathroom I noticed things were definitely not normal and I came back out and told them I wasn't feeling well and left. I called Dave to meet me back at the house. Now, mind you, on my to do list that weekend was to back a hospital bag and install the car seat, both of which we hadn't done yet. I called my OB office and they told me to go on over to the hospital. They checked me in and I was already fully effaced and 2 cm dilated and apparently having contractions every 2-3 min ( I was just starting to feel those). After that, things progressed steadily, and with the help of a wonderful epidural, rather painless. At 2:57 am, little Adele Leigh joined the world 5 wks early but 6.5 lbs already and completely healthy!
Dave and I met in the spring of 2006 and have been together ever since. We got married in 2008 and welcomed our first child, Adele Leigh on May 9th! We hope this blog will allow all our friends and family near and far to keep up with the exploits of our little one!
Friday, May 28, 2010
Adele's Arrival
For those who don't know the story, here is how Adele arrived on Mother's Day. I had an uneventful pregnancy with no complications and was supposed to have an ultrasound to check on everything that upcoming week. That Sat. morning Dave, my parents, and the Strange's went to the zoo for a 5K run/walk. It was a beautiful morning and I walked the race with no problems except a slow pace. Then we came back and rested for awhile and went to lunch with our friend Brian. The only problem I was having at this point was indigestion. After lunch I headed to Z Spa for my massage Dave had gotten me for my birthday. Halfway through the massage I felt some "leakage" and told the masseuse I needed to go to the bathroom. In the bathroom I noticed things were definitely not normal and I came back out and told them I wasn't feeling well and left. I called Dave to meet me back at the house. Now, mind you, on my to do list that weekend was to back a hospital bag and install the car seat, both of which we hadn't done yet. I called my OB office and they told me to go on over to the hospital. They checked me in and I was already fully effaced and 2 cm dilated and apparently having contractions every 2-3 min ( I was just starting to feel those). After that, things progressed steadily, and with the help of a wonderful epidural, rather painless. At 2:57 am, little Adele Leigh joined the world 5 wks early but 6.5 lbs already and completely healthy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dear Adele, we were not expecting you to come so soon, but we are more than happy you here!
ReplyDeleteWe love you very much!
Auntie Re, Uncle D, Izzy